Sunday, December 7, 2014

Add It Up!

Hello Awesome Teachers,

It has been busy at my house.  My husband had shoulder surgery and I broke my foot!  We both are healing well.  Christmas preparations have taken over my evenings.  We are planning to have
Christmas at Disney World and then stay in Melbourne, Florida for a few days where our son is a student at Florida Institute of Technology.  That's right, we are going to Disney World with our two adult children.  We are prepared for fun!

School has been it's usual business.  Teaching, paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork.  My second graders have been learning up a storm.  Our latest endeavor is two-digit addition!.  They have learned to draw a picture as well as complete the algorithm.  For extra practice, I have made 10 fun games in two different themes.

Five of the games I have made with a western theme.  It is so adorable!  This is the preview picture:


Common Core Standards 

Each game may be played individually, in pairs, or in groups. Answer keys are included for even more independence. Each game features a penguin with a different colored scarf for discrepancy. Each game has equations with and without regrouping. These games make wonderful math center activities or early finisher activities. This is a great resource for teachers, tutors, or home-school use.  

There are 48 pages.  The games included are:

Show the Order
Which is More
More than 50, Less than 50
Spinning Addition
Match it up

There are answer sheets and answer keys included with each game.  Children may self-check, partner check, or teacher check.

To order this great game pack, click HERE, it is on sale right now for $6.50!  That is a $4.00 savings!


For the winter holidays I made another set of games with a cute winter penguin theme. NOTE: These are different problems from the Western Theme.  I thought it would be great to make two complete and different sets.

The other five games have a cute Penguin Theme.  This is the preview:


Common Core Standards 


Each game may be played individually, in pairs, or in groups. Answer keys are 
included for even more independence. Each game features a penguin with a different colored scarf for discrepancy. Each game has equations with and without regrouping. These games make wonderful math center activities or early finisher activities. This is a great resource for teachers, tutors, or home-school use.  

There are 48 pages.  The games included are:

Show the Order
Which is More
More than 50, Less than 50
Spinning Addition
Match it up

There are answer sheets and answer keys included with each game.  Children may self-check, partner check, or teacher check.

This set is also on sale right now for $6.50.  That saves $4.00 off of the regular price.  To purchase this great set, please click HERE.


I just got this set out for my kiddos to use at their math centers.  There are five games, so there are more than enough for several weeks worth of centers.  My students are enjoying this more than I had imagined.  We do our math centers in the afternoons, but I am asked all morning if we are going to be using the pink-ones (penguins) this afternoon.

I hope you are having a good December!  I am...

Cordially yours,

Janetta

No comments:

Post a Comment