Sunday, December 7, 2014

Syllable Sort

Hi Friends,

This is one of the centers my kiddos are working on for Language Arts.  Even though they are in the second grade, some students still aren't firm in counting syllables.  Of course, we know this is an important skill for spelling, dictionary skills, and writing.  
I made this cute game for students to work on during our Language Arts center time.

Common Core Standards   RF.K.2b, RF.1.2, RF.1.3e, RF.1.3d

This literacy center is differentiated for three levels of practice. In addition to the center, three worksheets are included each more challenging than the last. This will meet the needs of you 
lrower level students and challenge your higher level ones. Answer keys are included for all activities.

You may purchase this adorable activity in my Teachers Pay Teachers store by clicking right HERE.

I am having a great time watching my student's knowledge and skills grow.  They love the colorful ornaments in this game.  I am also using this with my tutoring group.  It is the perfect activity for a small group.  This is so versital   that I can have two students working on one and two syllable activities, and two others working on three and four syllables.  Making Syllable Sort, two simultaneously played centers.

I hope your students enjoy this cute activity as much as mine do.  I am

Cordially yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment