Monday, July 28, 2014

Making the Rules

I met with one of my colleagues today to eat lunch make plans for school.  I haven't been able to get into my room to accomplish anything yet.  The floor waxing is hindering my endeavors to be ready early.
The first day sneaks up so quickly that I decided I had better get some things done!  My plan was to finish the things at home that I could.  My plans went awry, as plans often do, and I instead went with my son to get his hair cut. He is going back to Florida to school in only two short weeks so, spending any amount of time with him is the dream of my mothers' heart.
I did, however, put together my classroom rules. 



 I made these a couple of weeks ago and squeezed them into the last of the lamination at school.  I put it together with ribbon that I already had.
As you can see, this is still in line with my chevron themed background.  If you are interested in this, you can get it HERE.  


I won't have this hanging up when my Sweeties arrive.  On the first day, we will brainstorm together what we need to do to be good classroom citizens.  I will direct their thinking in such a way that the rules I have made will fit.  Then, tada!  On the next day of school I will have 'our' rules all put together and hanging up in our classroom.  I really like it when my students have a stake in making our rules.  Then, if there is a problem, I refer to our rules and say, 'Remember when we made our classroom rules?  We decided that we must be kind to each other."  or whatever fits.  

I hope each of you have a wonderful Monday evening.  I am 
Cordially Yours,

Jan

1 comment:

  1. I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award, an award for new bloggers! Hop over to my blog to check out how to accept. Happy Teaching! http://mrsgrisham.blogspot.com/2014/11/liebster-award-and-horrible-blogger-ive.html

    ReplyDelete