Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Time is Relative

Sometimes a week at school feels like three.  Do you know that feeling?  And then at other times, a week at school flies by because you are so busy teaching and doing paperwork and conferencing and making lesson plans and grading papers and decorating bulletin boards and logging students onto computers and relogging students onto computers and dealing with lost teeth and broken shoelaces and principal's visits to your room and DRA and DSA and Dibels and Common Core and AR goals and Pajama Day and more paperwork and interims and report cards and more conferencing and RTI and character education and bus duty and copy machine issues and and and and.

However, this week has flown by for me.  First of all, our son, Saul, is home from Florida for his Spring Break.  I have missed him so much that it seems like he has just arrived when he is about to leave.  This has been the fastest week that I can remember.  I rush home everyday just to be in the same house with him!

In addition, I am having surgery on Monday and will be out of school for three weeks.  Preparing four weeks worth of lesson plans is not a walk in the park.  I'm planning for four weeks because you never know and because I don't want to arrive back at school with no plans.  I also had to put in grades and prepare report cards because I won't be there when they go out.

Our daughter's car was hit from behind during all of the ice and snow and I have had to deal with the insurance company.  I also had two root canals!  So far this week, I haven't had a lot of sleep.
.
However, I did manage to finish a couple of school things!  Yes, I know, that is not a surprise to anyone.

I tutor several students after school three days a week.  Although they are in the second grade, they aren't on second grade level for some things.  Hence, the need for tutoring.  The largest obstacle my little pupils have is reading.  In math, word problems are of course an issue.

I have made a set of word or story problems with a cute Spring theme.  The problems are considered first grade level.  However, we all know that children learn and develop at different stages so the grade level is pretty arbitrary.

We've been working on story problems in my classroom and with my tutoring group using my Word Problems for March packet.  You can see it HERE.

Anyway, here is the new math packet I put together for my classroom as well as my extra kiddos.
Although the theme is April, it is relevant for all of the spring months.

We have moved on to Two-Step Word Problems.  Of course, the entire packet is NO PREP!



There are 20 addition Two step word problems featuring all of the a key words for addition.
There are also 20 subtraction two step word problems containing all of the subtraction key words.

You can head on over to my TpT store to download this 40 page packet.  
The link is HERE!


Thank you for giving my blog a bit of your time.  I appreciate it.  I am

Cordially yours,

Jan’etta




I would love it if you would follow me on any or all of the following:






           

No comments:

Post a Comment